meeting your florist for the first time

I am meeting my potential wedding florist tonight and I am wondering what I should bring with me to be prepared?
How did your first meeting with your florist go? Did she have mock ups ready for you to view,
I have a few pictures of flowers I like and bouquet style I like.. I feel like as though I might be forgetting something,

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

mscool January 5, 2010 at 7:02 am

Pictures and ideas of what you might like would be helpful. Sometimes it’s also helpful to bring a swatch of the BM dresses in order to figure out coloring and complimentary colors. I know with my florist we did that in order to better gauge what colors to use. I would also suggest bringing a fabric swatch of the bridesmaid dresses or whatever you main color is going to. It may also be a good idea to take a picture of your venue (pretty much just if its an indoor wedding) to make sure that the colors wont clash. This will also give the florist an idea as to what kind of wedding you are having.

dani January 8, 2010 at 2:57 am

Your wedding colors and bridesmaid dress colors will help. In addition – how do you want your bouquet to be and your bridesmaids coordinated, the same, different proportions of the wedding colors.
For example, my bridesmaids are in cranberry-red dresses so I wanted their bouquets about 80% white and 20% red — while my dress is all white so I wanted the opposite about 80% red and 20% white in my bouquet.

A list of people involved who will need flowers and what type.
Example:
Bride’s Bouquet
Toss Bouquet
Maid of Honour Bouquet
1 Grooms Bout
1 Best Man Bout
2 Dad’s Bouts
2 Bridesmaids Bouquets
2 Groomsmen Bout
1 Ringbearer Bout
2 Mum’s corsages

However, what you have is fine. Some florists have samples of bouquets but not all. Although they usually all have look books for you of their work and what they’ve done.
So I had that all spelled out and typed up in a spreadsheet that I brought with me to the florists. It was a great time-saver and also ensured that I gave each florist I spoke to the same list to work off of so I didn’t have a completely different-based quote from each one.
Don’t forget if you are giving grandma & grandpa or your godparents flowers!

Libby January 10, 2010 at 6:53 am

Bring anything you think might help.

peggysue423 January 10, 2010 at 10:23 pm

Maybe a picture of your dress and the bridesmaids dresses. The bouquet can be designed to ‘match ‘ your dress and theirs.

Mary January 12, 2010 at 1:46 pm

Flowers are not a high priority for my wedding so I haven’t done much regarding them yet but you should just bring any pictures of arrangements that you like.

Val January 13, 2010 at 4:59 am

I didn’t bring anything with me, I just told her my budget and what I hoped to have and she worked with me in putting the flowers together.